Rosanne Dingli

Rosanne Dingli

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Very Brief Interview With My Keyboard

Caps-Lock is FULL OF AWESOME!!1!                 Image by catcubed via Flickr
Me: Okay keyboard: what motivated you to choose this career?


Keyboard: I wanted to be tickled pink... er - black. And white!

Me: What do you like most about your life?

Keyboard: Being useful to you, and knowing I am an indispensible partner in creating your novels. See? I can spell indispensible, even.


Me: Is there anything you hate?


Keyboard: You need to ask? Duh! My E and my O are all but gone. You often push Caps Lock when you mean Shift... what is a guy supposed to do? Confusion reigns in the morning, when you 'forget' your glasses but are desperate to read your emails, so you hit Insert instead of Delete, and End instead of Down. Need I go on? ... it's embarrassing.


Me: Sorry. If you stopped sliding around on the desk it would...

Keyboard: So this is a guilt trip now. Great. Indispensible guy gets barrowload of ...

Me: Sorry! I did apologise. Hey - where are you going? Keyboard! come back... hey ... h

Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. Haha...well done, Rosanne. I dug this post a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what the mouse has to say about this relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very funny, Hugo! I wish I had that kind of sense of humour - it would write completely different books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is real fun!...what about his buttons being pushed constantly....poor poor chap....is touch screen making him feel 'left out"...My keyboard needs to answer loads of questions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine too, Hajra! The O is completely gone now and I think it was done to spite me.

    ReplyDelete