Rosanne Dingli

Rosanne Dingli

Friday, October 15, 2010

Death in Malta is on Kindle!

The Amazon Kindle 2                                                        Image via WikipediaMy first novel, Death in Malta, was first published in 2001, in paperback and eBook, by Jacobyte Books.

This small South Australian publisher then amalgamated with BeWrite Books, who took me on in 2005. The novel has continued to sell, sometimes more slowly than others, but for a book that has been out there for some time, it's a nice little runner.

This month, it's been launched on Kindle, and to celebrate this new avenue, I am holding an old-fashioned raffle. And the prize is an old-fashioned paperback! Yes - Death in Malta as a paper paperback! Delivered by post to you, with real stamps and all, wherever you live in the world.

All you need to do to enter is send an email to rosanne.dingli@gmail com , giving your mailing address. Only entries that write to this email address are eligible. The draw will take place on November 1, so the last entry will be accepted on October 31.

To read a bit more about this book, you are very welcome to visit its own website.
 
Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. Well done on the Kindle release! Keep us posted on how it does - I'm curious about the kindle as a market :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure, Merrilee - when my royalty statement gets here at the end of the year, I'll be eager to see the results too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very interesting and impressive.

    I'm based in the UK, so it would probably cost more than the paperback itself for me to enter the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Roseanne!

    A Kindle is on my Christmas list, although I am a real book junkie, I love the smell of paper and especially leather bound books.

    I lived in Malta when I was a little girl (in fact I was born en route). My Father was in the Royal Navy and we were stationed there for several years in the early 60's. I have hoards of pictures of me playing with my Nanny in Valletta, Birzebbuga and with the luzzu and dghajsa in Marsaxlokk. I had forgotten that there is a place called Dingli and didn't think about it until now... a relative perhaps?

    I can't wait to read Death in Malta to see if it brings back more memories. What a small world
    Thanks so much.
    Laine
    http://www.ThoughtsfromABroad.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laine - you will love Death in Malta, (the paperback smells great!) which was a kind of nostalgic romp for me because I wrote it when I had lived in Australia for well over a decade.

    Dingli is a very old Maltese surname. There is a little town called Had-Dingli (Dingli's Village)and not far from there, the famous Dingli Cliffs, where spectacular photography is the order of the day. Just look in Google images and you'll see what I mean.

    Many, many people with a connection to Malta have read my works - there is a free eBook of two Malta short stories up at SmashWords you are very welcome to read as well.

    I am so happy you found my books.

    ReplyDelete